The Second Sky is Caravel Games' eighth major game in the Deadly Rooms of Death series and fifth commercial main release. It was released in July 2014. It is currently Caravel's most recent official product.
According to its advertisement screen:
- Over 500 puzzle rooms and 30 levels, each organized around a different type of puzzle element.
- Many secrets and optional extra challenges that lie in store for the more curious and adventuresome, uncovered in a variety of ways.
- Over a dozen new puzzle elements, including new weapons and monsters with play mechanics that you haven't seen in any other game.
- Journey across multiple overworld maps as you explore over and under the vast continents of the Eighth.
- This game has over four hours of music, containing an all-new 90-minute soundtrack composed by synthpop artist Jon Sonnenberg of Travelogue, plus ten thematic tracks by Emmett Plant!
- A epic story, filled with a host of fun and intriguing characters, each portrayed with quality voice acting.
- New and upgraded in-game artwork, including three all-new terrain styles, with realtime lighting and a range of environmental effects.
- Comes with bonus "DROD Starter Pack", a selection of high quality user-made level sets.
- Thousands of high-quality puzzle rooms available for free on the Caravel Forum and the official fan site.
Beethro Budkin, professional smitemaster, must go up against the Rooted Empire under the looming Grand Event. If Beethro's newfound knowledge about the Grand Event is true, he must prevent its occurrence, lest the entire world as he knows it will be erased forever. Armed only with the Truth Vessels and the Pit Thing's mysterious advice, Beethro finds himself in a race against time to deal with those who would see the world's natural course unfold into destruction.