A gathering of orthosquares
|First appears||DROD 2.0|
|Is brain visible||No|
Ortho squares, or orthogonal squares, are tiles that prevent all diagonal movement.
- A creature standing on an orthogonal square can only leave that square by moving north, south, east, or west. Creatures also cannot enter orthogonal squares via a diagonal movement.
- Briar grows through orthogonal squares with complete impunity.
- An aumtlich's beam can also cross orthogonal squares in any direction, much like its ability to bypass force arrows in any direction.
- Orthogonal tiles block the growth of tarstuff completely.
- Orthogonal tiles are not considered obstacles to brained monsters, whether or not the intended path is blocked by an orthosquare.