Firetraps are traps found in dungeons that are harmless until they're activated, at which point they will incinerate almost anything that stands on them.
When active, a firetrap will incinerate anything that stands on it at the end of the turn. Due to this it is possible to survive an active fire trap by, for example, drinking a speed potion and standing on it during the half-turn, or by being pushed through the trap. Additionally, mimics, clones, and decoys placed on firetraps by drinking a potion survive until the end of the turn.
- Active firetrap can set off bombs and powder kegs.
- Briar will grow over an active firetrap, but it will be immediately destroyed at the end of the turn unless the firetrap is turned off.
- Active firetraps can toggle orbs and seeding beacons, but they won't shatter mirrors.
- Firetraps can kill snakes, but only if the snake's head is above the firetrap.
- It is possible to read a scroll placed on an active firetrap while the death animation plays.
- Fuses placed over firetraps will light up once the firetrap is activated.
- Gentryii are the only creature immune to firetraps.