Standing at attention
|First appears||DROD 2.0|
|Is brain visible||No|
|Traverses shallow water||Yes|
Decoys are artificial creatures that fall in the doubles category, and are produced when the player drinks a decoy potion, or can be found already placed. As their name suggests, decoys act as a target for all creatures within five tiles of themselves except brained goblins, who will ignore decoys if they can reach the player.
- Decoys are immobile, but can be pushed around by various weapons.
- Decoys can stand in shallow water.
- Decoys are vulnerable to lethal weapon strikes, falling into (or being pushed into) regular water or pit, fire traps, spikes, and explosions.
- Decoys are noticably invulnerable to the attacks of most monsters, save adder's jaws and puffs.
- As with other doubles, decoys do not need to be killed to complete the room.
- Decoys hold whichever weapon the player is using at the time when the potion is drunk. Preplaced decoys always hold a Really Big Sword.
- When spawned from a potion, decoys can be placed on any floor surface except for trapdoors, arrows, and open yellow doors. Preplaced decoys are not subject to these exceptions.
- Decoys' weapons are brain-invisible objects. However, goblins will avoid them like they avoid the player's weapon.